“CLOSE your eyes, SEE for yourself.
With your mind’s eye anything is possible, it is where the magic of Ideas, Imagination and Visualization come alive to inspire us to live our dreams or to heal ourselves” -Hazel Butterworth
In my coaching business (and in my own personal life), I stress the importance of changing any self-limiting beliefs with positive healing affirmations. It’s of the utmost importance that we make ourselves say them over and over, until our brain pattern creates a new pathway of thinking (even though you’ll feel like an idiot at first, lol). Some of my absolute favorites are promises from scripture. I feel it’s particularly important to remember just who created us, and exactly what beliefs he wants us to have. It’s also important to remember that we’ve been put on this earth for a reason. All of our earthly lessons, bring us to our higher purpose. Which is why we must not lose sight of our goals. There’s a reason God gives us an idea, a thought, a goal. We must not lose sight of it… because here is where our passion lies, and our purpose.
Mirror, Mirror on the wall…
If we’re gazing in the mirror, and we don’t recognize who is staring back at us? Then somewhere along the line, we’ve lost a piece of ourselves, and it would be beneficial for us to take a U-turn and discover what makes our heart tick again. So let’s look at some of the areas in our life that that might not be balanced:
- Our health
- Our weight
- Our relationship
- Our family-life
- Our spiritual-life
- Our work-life
- Our home-life
- Our financial-life
Once we truly give this some thought, we can then close our eyes and answer these questions:
“What would my perfect ________ be? (fill in with one of the above bullets)
“What would it look like in my life if ______________ was exactly the way I wanted it to be?
This will prompt you to visualize how you want your life to look. It’s important to do this in the first person. You need to see yourself doing this, as if you’re actually going through the motions. How does it feel? What does it smell like? What do you look like? Visualization is key to achieving our mission in life. I’m sure you’ve all heard the quote by Napoleon Hill, “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve”. There is so much truth to this. God created us to visualize for more creative things than what we’re having for dinner tonight. The problem is that many of us have gotten caught up with the monotonies of life. We’re going through the motions and have forgotten to visualize, to dream, to explore! There is so much for us to experience and learn! We need to wake up everyday with a yearning to be authentic.
Before I end my blog tonight, I wanted to add a list of benefits that proceed visualization:
- Neuropsychologist have found a correlation between visualization and the creation of alpha-waves which reduce depressive symptoms and increase creative thinking.
- We can actually trick our brain. Dr. Maxwell Maltz noted in his book Psycho Cybernetics, “your subconscious mind cannot tell the difference between real memory and vividly imagined visualization”. Which is one of the reasons I have been visualizing myself completely healed. Right down to my activities, what I look like, and how great I feel!
- It increases our confidence level naturally. Why? Because visualizing the life of our dreams over and over, changes our brainwaves. This allows us to naturally take opportunities that lead us down our desired path.
- Rehearsing our desired outcome has been proven to work! That’s why Olympians, professional athletes, elite business-people, etc. visualize their desired outcomes. Mental rehearsal trains our brain to be ready for when we’re doing the real thing.
- It increases our focus and desire.
- We’ll get solutions to many upcoming obstacles. Allowing us to overcome challenges more quickly and smoothly.
- It improves our self-confidence
- Visualization actually synthesizes healing chemicals into our bloodstream! Isn’t that amazing?
- It’s been proven to help us overcome sickness and injury faster.
- And yay for us, it has no boundaries! We can see it and achieve it!
I just want to add that if you’re having a tough time visualizing, I would suggest YouTube. There are many guided visualizations out there for different areas in your life. Start there, because it’s free. My favorite visualization expert is Jon Gabriel, who is known for The Gabriel Method, however he has guided visualizations on a multitude of different areas, take a looksy if you’re interested:
I pray you’re all in perfect health, happy, and living the life you’ve been created to live. God bless each and every one of you!
Romans 4:20-21 yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.